Wednesday 2 July 2014

Future Past.

Today I have been thinking a lot about what it was like at the age of 13 and 14, how I felt, How it was. How others saw me...and I am surprised looking back at where I once was...in comparison to where I am now. Yes I have not aged much, after all there is no jump from 14 to 16 yet I feel like I have learnt a great deal. I know how people and places can change their whole view of you on the one, small but complicated fact of a disability, condition or illness. I remember I felt angry all the time, because I felt so alone, even empty. I though for some reason I could and should punish myself for my own weakness. 

Now however I see that my HME is not my weakness, but in fact my strength. So few really know where they get their strength from, some say love, others say strength is only physical. I say strength is that one thing at the end of the day that will get you through tomorrow. I know when I wake up I will be in pain, just as I feel it when I lay down to bed each evening. However HME has given me in site into who I am and is the very thing that makes that changing of age each year worth it...because each year I get closer and closer to being treated like an adult, and not a child...which is something I don't feel I was for long. 

Try to think of that one thing that has changed you, that has made you who you are today. Who were you 3 years ago? what were your feelings, dreams? but overall who do you want to become? 

Remember nobody is alone in the fight. A very nice young woman told me today "we have to stick together" I could not agree more...what about you? 

Kind Regards 
Jordan 

No comments:

Post a Comment